Menu jezyczne

poniedziałek, 8 września 2014

Embroidery mathematical- Stitching




As I have a sister who is mathematician, it did not take so long to convince me to try out a new technique called embroidery mathematical.







There’re lots of templates on the Internet… I found one that I liked and copied it onto a paper.
Having very little knowledge about it, I deduced that digits 1-6 mean that:

thread from hole 1 should go into 6,

thread from hole 7 should go into 2,

thread from hole 3 should go into 8 and etc.


While playing with this technique I observed that depending on the order of thread drag, different pictures can be created. Below I put exemplary photos of two different cards that were made for Mother’s Day so that you can notice the difference I mentioned.







I would strongly recommend this technique because it does not require anything else than everybody has got at home. All you need is some thread or embroidery floss, cordon, needle and piece of paper.




In order to make the card firmer, I set it into frame of two cut cardboard for binding and stuck it together with glue gun.
This is the final look of the card I gave to my mother on Mother’s Day.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz